The Delve Campaign
The following rules govern the character creation process:
- Allowable number of characters: A player may have any number of characters, but each advances separately, and a player can only run one from their personal stable of characters per Delve.
- Allowable races: Those presented in any Player’s Handbook, world-specific Player’s Guide, or Dragon magazine.
- Allowable classes: Any legal.
- Allowable backgrounds: General only.
- Ability Scores: Point buy or 4d6 method. See also 4d6 method guidelines.
- Skills: Any legal.
- Feats: Any legal.
- Powers: Any legal.
- Themes: Any legal, but be careful with Dark Sun themes as they are very different to the ones presented in Dragon 399.
- Retraining: As per PHB page 28, with the following additions:
- Each character gets one free complete retrain per tier (Heroic, Paragon, Epic). The character’s race and class must remain the same but all other options, including Paragon Path, Epic Destiny, and options that stem from the base race and class (eg optional ability score placement, Dragonborn breath weapon options, Swordmage’s Aegis feature) may be changed. Equipment is not reselected.
- If Wizards of the Coast issues new rules updates that substantially alters power(s), feature(s) or item(s), then appropriate changes can be made on a case-by-case basis after they have been discussed and agreed to on the mailing list.
- Levelling: Done between Delves.
- Character death: Handling this is currently undefined; to be discussed at lunch / on the mailing list / at a gaming session.
- Creating characters above 1st level: Anything beyond the normal rules is currently undefined. It should be discussed as there are implications for the PC Economy.
Back to Campaign Rules.